The Murphy Arts District (MAD) in El Dorado will celebrate its $100 million revitalization project grand opening with a 5-day music celebration in September featuring a full lineup of top entertainers and recording artists. The event will be held in conjunction with the El Dorado MusicFest.
The lineup includes ZZ Top, Brad Paisley, Migos, X Ambassadors, Smokey Robinson, Train, Ludacris, Lyle Lovett, Robert Earl Keen, John Hiatt, Natasha Bedingfield, Robert Randolph & the Family Band, Hunter Hayes and Ashley McBryde.
Wednesday, September 27
• 8:30 p.m. – Lyle Lovett, Robert Earl Keen & John Hiatt (Griffin Restaurant)
Thursday, September 28
• 8 p.m. – Natasha Bedingfield (Griffin Music Hall)
• 9 p.m. – Train (Griffin Music Hall)
Friday, September 29
• 6 p.m.– Robert Randolph & the Family Band (Amphitheater)
• 7:30 p.m.– X-Ambassadors (Amphitheater)
• 9 p.m. – ZZ Top (Amphitheater)
• 11:30 p.m.– Ludacris (Griffin Music Hall)
Saturday, September 30
• 6 p.m.– Chase Bryant (Amphitheater)
• 9 p.m. – Brad Paisley (Amphitheater)
• 11:30 – Migos (Griffin Music Hall)
Sunday October 1
• 4 p.m. – Smokey Robinson with the South Arkansas Symphony (Amphitheater). This is a free concert open to the public.
For ticket information go to the MAD website.
The MAD $100 million revitalization project has two parts:
Phase I, to be completed in September 2017, with the launch of the Griffin Restaurant, cabaret lounge, Griffin Music Hall, Amphitheater and destination children’s playscape.
Phase II – a $32 million renovation of the 1920s Rialto Theater, creation of a 10,000-square-foot art gallery and exhibition hall plus artist-in-residence quarters.
MAD, a production of El Dorado Festivals & Events, is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization whose mission is to create and sustain an arts and entertainment destination that acts as a catalyst for cultural and educational change for the region. It relies on the generous support of individuals, corporations and foundations to develop and sustain programs that improve the quality of life in the community and region.