The Arkansas Department of Human Services (DHS) announced that eligible residents in Desha, Jefferson, Arkansas, Conway, Crawford, Faulkner, Logan, Perry, Pope, Pulaski, Sebastian, and Yell counties can receive Disaster Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (D-SNAP) benefits.
D-SNAP is authorized by the U.S. Department of Agriculture (Food and Nutrition Services) under the Robert T. Stafford Disaster Relief and Emergency Assistance Act because of the flooding that began May 21, 2019.
Any household in one of these counties during the flood that began May 21 that suffered disaster-related losses may be eligible to receive D-SNAP assistance. D-SNAP extends benefits to many households that would not ordinarily qualify but suddenly need food assistance because of a disaster. D-SNAP benefits are provided on an electronic, debit-like card and can be used to buy food items at authorized retailers.
People from these counties who experienced at least one of the following as a direct result of the flooding that began May 21, 2019, may be eligible:
• Damage to or destruction of the home or self-employment business.
• Loss or inaccessibility of income, including a reduction or termination of income or a significant delay in receiving income, due to disaster-related problems.
• Disaster-related expenses (home or business repairs, temporary shelter, evacuation, etc.) that are not expected to be reimbursed during the disaster benefit period.
• People seeking D-SNAP must apply in-person between Monday, June 24, through Friday, June 28. To receive D-SNAP, a person must have lived in the disaster area at the time of the flooding and must have suffered loss or damages described above.
D-SNAP applications will be accepted at the following locations from 7 am to 6 pm:
• Desha County DHS Office, located at 200 North First Street, McGehee, AR, 71654
• Jefferson County DHS Office located at 1222 West 6th, Pine Bluff, AR 71611
• Arkansas County DHS Office (Dewitt) located at 100 Court Square, Dewitt, AR 72042
• Arkansas County DHS Office (Stuttgart) located at 203 South Leslie, Stuttgart, AR 72160
• Conway County DHS Office located at #2 Bruce Street, Morrilton, AR.72110
• Crawford County DHS Office located at 704 Cloverleaf Cir., Van Buren, AR.72956
• Faulkner County DHS Office, located at 1000 East Siebenmorgen, Conway, AR 72033
• Logan County (Paris) DHS Office located at #17 West McKeen, Paris, AR 72855
• Logan County (Booneville) DHS Office located at 398 East 2nd, Booneville, AR 72927
• Perry County DHS Office located at 213 Houston Avenue, Perryville, AR 72126
• Pope County DHS Office located at 701 North Denver, Russellville, AR 72801
• Pulaski Jacksonville County DHS Office located at 2636 West Main, Jacksonville, AR 72078
• Pulaski North Little Rock County DHS Office – 1900 East Washington Avenue, North Little Rock, AR 72119
• Pulaski South County DHS Office located at 1105 MLK, Jr., Little Rock, AR 72203
• Pulaski Southwest County DHS Office – 6801 Baseline Rd, Little Rock, AR 72209
• Sebastian County Ft. Smith Sears Bldg, 5111 Rodgers Ave, Ft. Smith, AR 72903
• Yell County DHS Office located at 904 M Street/Highway 10 East, Danville, AR 72833
If you cannot apply at one of the above locations you may apply at any DHS County Office.
The following zip codes have been identified as sustaining damage during the flood. If you live outside of one of these affected zip codes we will have a special unit available to assist with establishing your eligibility. Please notify our staff if you zip code is not listed below.
Desha: 72328, 72166, 71666, 71630, 71674
Jefferson: 72132, 72046, 72152, 72004, 71602, 71601, 72004, 71644, 72160
Pulaski: 72142, 72202, 72201, 72205, 72207, 72227, 72223, 72135, 72113, 72118, 72142, 72046
Sebastian: 79204, 72901, 72903, 72941
Crawford: 72956, 72921, 72947
Franklin: 72947, 72949, 72930, 72821, 72820
Logan: 72930, 72855, 72863, 72851, 72835, 72949
Pope: 72847, 72,802, 72801, 72858, 72837, 72823, 72858, 72834
Conway: 72110, 72127
Perry: 72070, 72016
Faulkner: 72034, 72106, 72032, 72113
To qualify for D-SNAP (disaster food benefits), you must have lived in an area impacted by the floods AND suffered flood related property damages.
The DHS Special Investigations Unit will perform random home visits on selected cases and the DHS Quality Assurance Unit will review each case that is approved for benefits.