Drew and Ashley counties are leading in early voting turnout in Southeast Arkansas.
In Drew County, 1,695 of its nearly 10,000 registered voters had cast their early ballots for the November 6 elections through Monday afternoon while 1,553 of Ashley County’s nearly 11,000 registered voters had voted during the same period.
Another Southeast Arkansas county has seen a 12 percent turnout so far, three counties have seen a nine percent turnout and one has seen a five percent turnout.
• Bradley County: 642 of its 5,217 registered voters (12 percent) have voted early;
• Chicot County: 631 of its 6,746 registered voters (9.4 percent) have voted;
• Lincoln County: 548 of its 5,690 registered voters (9.6 percent) have voted;
• Cleveland County: 429 of its 4,694 (9.1 percent) have voted, and
• Desha: 364 (five percent) of its registered 7,240 voters have voted.