Cliff Gibson, the Monticello attorney representing the City of Monticello in issues surrounding a $10 million water project, has issued a letter to Siemens Industry, Inc. demanding that the company immediately provide the city with:
• the “legally required” performance and payment bonds;
• proper financial assurance that it will pay any shortages in promised efficiency savings from the improvements;
• full and complete manufacturer warranties on all products being installed by Siemens;
• manufacturer recommendations and instructions on equipment being installed by Siemens; and
• a statement of reasons for changing the type of water meters required under the city’s contract with Siemens.