Ridley Bostain, an 8-week-old Drew County infant who died of a closed head injury last year, had several fractured bones in various healing stages, according to an autopsy report.

The baby had two bone fractures in his right leg, one in his right foot, and one in his right shoulder, according to the state Medical Examiner’s autopsy report, part of an investigative file that runs some 1,500 to 2,000 pages. The medical records alone are bound in a folder about six inches deep.

According to State Police investigator Clayton Moss’ report, Moss was notified on February 11, 2011 of a possible child abuse case in which an infant was admitted to Arkansas Children’s Hospital with bleeding on the brain and multiple bone fractures. It was the baby’s second trip to the hospital in a week.

“The doctors and nurses told me the injuries were not accidental, that someone did something to the child,” Moss wrote in his report.

Ridley was first taken to the hospital on February 2, 2011. During the first trip to the hospital, doctors suspected the baby had viral meningitis and gave him antibiotics. His fever subsided and he was discharged on February 6.

On February 8, Ridley began running a fever and his mother, Jessica Bostain, drove to Wal Mart to purchase Tylenol, leaving the baby in her husband, Jackey’s care. When she returned, Jackey was holding the “limp” baby, saying “something’s not right”, according to the investigative report.

She said Jackey told her that while she was gone Ridley “stiffened up and looked like he was having a seizure or a convulsion” and he shook the baby to try to revive him, according to the report.

The baby was transported by ambulance to Drew Memorial Hospital then transferred by helicopter to Arkansas Children’s Hospital, where he remained until his death on February 16, 2011.

During Ridley’s second trip to the hospital, Jackey allegedly told his wife that Ridley had rolled off the sofa onto the floor prior to his first hospital admittance, according to the investigative report.

Jackey Bostain was arrested Tuesday, following a lengthy investigation. He is charged with first-degree murder and alternative first-degree battery in connection with his son’s death.

Circuit Judge Sam Pope set Bostain’s bond at $50,000.

During Bostain’s first appearance hearing on Wednesday, Pope heard from both 10th Judicial District Deputy Prosecutor David Cason and Bostain’s defense attorney Sara Sawyer Hartness before accepting Cason’s recommendation that Bostain’s bond be set at $50,000.

Sawyer said Bostain does not pose a flight risk. He has close ties to Drew County, having lived in the Rock Springs community his entire life, and has not left the area even though he has been a person of interest in the case since the beginning of the investigation a year ago. She also pointed out that his parents, friends, and the family’s pastor were present at the hearing in the standing-room-only Ashley County Circuit Courtroom.

Cason said Bostain, when arrested on Tuesday, was discovered in a closet with his cell phone attempting to send a text message.

Weighing the arguments, Pope said Bostain is facing serious charges but does have strong ties to the community. However, $50,000 is not an unreasonable bond, Pope said.

After setting the bond, Pope set Bostain’s plea and arraignment hearing for March 12.