The annual Sports Hall of Fame banquet, a lawn party for alumni and friends, and the homecoming football game highlight the University of Arkansas at Monticello’s 2021 homecoming celebration this week.
UAM Homecoming Festivities
Thursday, October 14
• UAM Sports Hall of Fame Banquet, 6 p.m., in the Green Room of the Gibson University Center.
UAM will induct the 2021 UAM Sports Hall of Fame Class, Jerry Bingham, Julie Bowen, Art Kaufman, Corey Wood, and UAM Spirit Award recipients Tim and Roxanne Smith. The 2020 class, Kevin Craft, John Tatum, 2010 UAM Softball Team, 1985-86 UAM Men’s Basketball Team, and Weevil Spirit Award recipients Gay and Grant Pace will be honored as well. Tickets are available through the UAM Department of Athletics. For tickets or more information, contact Athletics at (870) 460-1058.
Friday, October 15
• A&M/UAM Alumni and Friends Lawn Party, 5:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m., on the lawn of the Chancellor’s Residence at 417 University Drive on the UAM Campus. UAM alumni award recipients will be honored. There is no charge to attend, however, to assist with planning and preparations, RSVPs are strongly encouraged by October 11 to the Office of Alumni Affairs at (870) 460-1028.
• Weevil/Blossom Madness (UAM Men’s and Women’s Basketball), 8 p.m., at Steelman Fieldhouse on the UAM Campus. Competitions will include 3-point Shootout, Skills Challenge, Dunk Contest, student dance contest, and more. For details, contact Associate AD Patrick Golden at (870) 460-1617.
Saturday, October 16
• A&M/UAM African-American Alumni Reunion Breakfast, 8:30 a.m., the Green Room of the University Center on the UAM campus. Alumni and friends are invited to attend this traditional celebration to reminisce with A&M/UAM African-American alumni. Tickets are $25 per person. For more information contact Classie Jones-Green at (870) 556-0527.
• Alpha Sigma Alpha Sorority (Gamma Zeta Chapter) Reunion Breakfast, 9 a.m., the Gallery Room of the University Center on the UAM campus. There will be a silent auction to raise money for Special Olympics. For more information, contact Anna Wynn (870) 370-9002 or Julie Barnes (870) 723-3267.
• UAM Softball Alumni Game, 9 a.m., at the Alvy Early Softball Field. For more information, call the UAM Athletics Department at (870) 460-1058.
• UAM Baseball Alumni Game, 9 a.m., at Weevils Field. For more information, call the
UAM Athletics Department at (870) 460-1058.
• Weevil Tailgate Parties, 10:30 a.m. until 1:30 p.m., Tailgate Row adjacent to Weevil Pond. All A&M/UAM alumni and friends are invited to participate in pre-game tailgating.
• Weevil Walk of Champions and Homecoming Parade, 11:30 p.m., Tailgate Row.
• Rodney Block & the Love Supreme Tailgate Party, 12 p.m. – 1:15 p.m., on Tailgate Row. Hosted by the SEARK Concert Association. Rodney Block is a Dumas High School and UAM alumni and currently serves on the UAM Alumni Association Board of Directors. Rodney is recognized as one of Little Rock’s best trumpet players and most iconic jazz artists.
• Pre-game Ceremony, including introduction of 2021 Homecoming Court and coronation of Queen, 1:30 p.m., Convoy Leslie Cotton Boll Stadium.
• Kickoff of Homecoming football game, 2 p.m., UAM vs. Ouachita Baptist Tigers.
• Halftime featuring the UAM Marching Band performance.
For more information about events during homecoming week, contact the Office of Alumni Affairs at (870) 460-1028.