The UAM Boll Weevils snapped their three-game skid tonight with a 24-20 win over Southeastern Oklahoma in Saturday’s homecoming game.

Nakita Myles posted the best single-game performance of his career with 206 yards of total offense, including 191 on the ground with two touchdown runs.

Myles got the ball rolling in the first quarter with a 70-yard touchdown run midway through the quarter to put the Weevils up 7-0 after the successful kick from Reagan Wise. Southeastern could only answer with a field goal on their next possession after the UAM defense stood them up at the five yard line to pull the score to 7-3.

It remained that way for the remainder of the half, with neither team scoring again until the third quarter. Myles got his second touchdown run of the day on the Weevils first drive of the quarter. On the second play from scrimmage, Myles found a gap in the SOSU line and took off down the field. Jacoby Sanders was finally able to trip him up just shy of the end zone, at the five yard line. Not to be denied, the senior punched the ball in on the next play for the five-yard score, 14-3.

UAM settled for a field goal of their own two drives later after the Southeastern defense kept the Weevils out of the red zone. Ryan Crowley split the uprights to put the score at 17-3 with 4:51 remaining in the quarter. The Savage Storm got the three points back before the end of the quarter to go into the final frame down 17-6.

They pulled to within five at the beginning of the fourth quarter off a short rush from Don Brown, but the two point conversion attempt failed to keep the score at 17-12, UAM. The UAM offense stalled on their next possession, getting to just the 50 yard line before Derek Jambon was forced to punt.

Buried deep in their own territory, the Savage Storm drove the length of the field and took their first, and only, lead of the game 20-17 off another short rush from Don Brown. This time the two point conversion succeeded to put the Weevils in the three-point hole.

UAM got the ball back with 4:09 remaining in the game on 50 yard line thanks to a 34-yard kick return from Blake Prince to bring the ball back from the 16. Working with the short field, the Weevils were able to regain the lead. Everyone in the stadium thought that Damon Wicker got over the line after a 12-yard rush on second-and-nine, but the official placed the ball on the one. That left Greg Taylor the opportunity for the short run up the middle to regain the lead, 24-20, with 2:35 left on the clock.

Southeastern’s final chance to regain the lead was dashed on their first play from scrimmage, as Justin Downs picked the ball cleanly and hit the ground to hand the ball back over to Wicker and the offense, game over.

UAM will take to the road next weekend, still in search of their first road win of the season, as they take on the Southern Arkansas Muleriders at 2:00 p.m. in Magnolia. The game will be broadcast on 93.7 and is also available at